- Printed on beautiful Hahnemühle Giclée Archival 315gsm Fine Art paper in Brighton UK.
- If you need a size that is not on the list please email me the size you need and I’ll make it especially for you.
- Please note that due to varying monitor calibration computer screens may not be able to illustrate the true colours, please bear this in mind, also prints will naturally look different in different lights.
- Any blur or texture on the images are intentional.
- Your lovely print will be carefully packed and shipped in a sturdy protective tube and will be posted within 7 working days of ordering, if you should need a rush service at +£10.00 just let me know by email.
Places to get frames in the UK.
The Story of My Mum’s Nighties
My Mums Nighties
In 2015 we as a family were on a year long trip in Arizona where my husband is from. In the summer of that year I travelled back to London to be with my Mum after she had a hip operation. It was during this time that we started this project. My Mum found it quite amusing that I’d be so attracted to her array of nighties, she had always found my chosen subject matters a mystery. My Mum had many many nighties and wore them all day long as if they were her uniform. It wasn’t that she had no clothes, she had millions of skirts and tops. My Dad used to change into his pyjamas as soon as he came home from work, I think it’s an Indian thing, well that’s what it was for him anyway. He enjoyed wearing a lungi when he visited his family back home in India or Pakistan, I’m guessing pyjamas are the next best thing. I think my Mum just took up this idea and was always in a nightie.
When my Mum suddenly died last year in 2019 I found myself photographing all the items she left behind and continued this project I had started in 2015. Here you see 9 Nighties that I love. To see more on this project please see ‘Why the Silence‘
Back to The Print Shop